Cairns Liveaboard Dive Trip Itinerary
Dive Liveaboard Itinerary
Night Before Departure
You have two options for arranging your dive gear for this cruise:
- Visit the dive shop (corner of Shields & Grafton Streets) the evening before departure or
- Visit the dive shop at 6:00am on the morning of departure.
A 2.5 hour presentation by a marine biologist is an option if you wish to learn about the Great Barrier Reef and scuba diving in Australia. There is a fee for this presentation.
1st Day: Scuba Diving Liveaboard Cruise
- 5:45am - Complimentary transfer from accommodation available from Cairns and Northern Beaches (as far as Palm Cove)
- 6:15am - Check in at Pro Dive retail shop - corner Shields & Grafton Streets
- 7:00am - Depart Cairns for 3 days & 2 nights liveaboard - diving/snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. A light breakfast is served onboard
- 11:30am - Your first dive is before lunch. This dive is a an instructor guided dive designed to ease you back into the underwater environment
- 12:45pm - Lunch is served - hot, thick soup with an array of fresh salads, cold meats & bread rolls
- 2:30pm - Your second dive at a new dive site giving you another perspective on marine life and corals. On completion of your dive the vessel moves on to the next site
- 4:30pm - After an afternoon of snorkelling/relaxing its time for your 3rd dive of the trip
- 6:00pm - Dinner - the menu changes each trip however it will be wholesome, hot and plentiful!
- 7:30pm - The night dive! We generally try to do the night dive at the same site as the afternoon dive, so that you are familiar with the underwater terrain. Keep a close eye out for our sleeping turtles, crustaceans & the occasional reef shark! A reef experience not to be missed.
- 8:30pm - Dessert is served!
2nd Day: Further dives at different dive sites on the Great Barrier Reef
- 7:00am - A new dive site for an early morning dive. See splendid gorgonian fans, giant clams and bump-headed parrotfish and more.
- 8:00am - Enjoy a hearty breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, bacon and eggs as well as toast & spreads
- 10:30am - After breakfast the vessel moves on for the 2nd dive of the day
- 12:00pm - Lunch on the second day is hot pasta with a variety of fresh salads
- 3:00pm - After lunch & a snorkel its time for your 3rd dive
- 6:00pm - A hot dinner is served before your 2nd night dive
- 7:30pm - Night dive!
- 8:30pm - Dessert is served!
3rd Day: Diving in the morning then return to Cairns
- 6:30am - Your 1st dive of the day
- 7:30am - A hot breakfast accompanied with fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast
- 9:00am - After breakfast we arrive at the final dive site for the trip where you will do your 2nd dive of the day
- 11:00am - Final dive! On the way back to Cairns and freshly made sandwiches are served as the vessel heads home
- 4:00pm - Complimentary accommodation transfers - Cairns city & Northern Beaches
- 7:30pm - You are invited to join the crew and other guests at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner
Please note, the above itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The dive boat skipper will always give consideration to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
Possible Dive Sites
Here is a breakdown of the divesites that may be visited on this dive liveaboard:
Meals may vary slightly depending because we select fresh fruit and vegetables that are in season. Please advise if you are a vegetarian and we will do our best to make sure we cater for you.
More information about Cairns Liveaboard Diving Trips