English Only: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
When you arrive at the training centre you will be fitted for your wetsuit, fins etc and optical mask if required.
Inclusions - At Sea
- 2 Days of diving (6 dives - 4 training dives and 2 guided experience dives) on the Great Barrier Reef
- Buffet lunch and snacks
- All dive equipment (including Dive Computer)
- Prescription mask (if required)
- Log Book
You can look forward to seeing an array of marine life such as turtles, sharks and manta rays.
Important Information For Learn to Dive Course Participants continuing on with their dive education.
Prior to commencing your Learn to Dive Course you are required to complete the self-assessmentEntry Level Student Dive Medical Declaration. A positive response to any question means that there is a pre-existing condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner preferably with experience in diving medicine to obtain a dive medical certificate that states that you are fit to undertake recreational diver training.
To avoid disappointment we suggest that you complete the Student Diver Medical Declaration and if necessary obtain a dive medical from a doctor prior to commencement. (Any costs associated in this process are payable direct to the doctor). Important Note:Student Diver Medical Declaration and Dive Medical (if required) must be completed within 90 days of commencement of your learn to dive course.
- Camera Hire:Digital underwater camera's are available for hire on board our dive boats for a cost of A$40 per dive.
- The minimum age to learn to dive in Queensland is 12. There is no maximum age.
- It is a dive course requirement that you be able to swim 200 metres or snorkel 300 metres and tread water/float for 10 minutes.
- We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. This means that the earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your dive course concludes
Cancellation and Refund Policy
You can cancel your Learn to Dive course for any reason at any time up to the end of Day 1 of the course and only incur a $25 cancellation fee. There is no refund for any reason after this time.
Extra Charges: An additional fee of $20.00 per person is payable direct to Tusa Dive. This fee consists of $7.00 Government Environmental Management Charge, Port Departure tax and administration charges. City and Northern Beaches for Days 3 & 4 additional charges apply for accommodation transfers - $12 City and $17 Northern Beaches.
Bookings are essential
Please use the form below for your Booking Enquiry so that we can check availability. Book online using our secure SSL Booking Form or by phone. We accept Visa and Mastercard.
Bookings - Deposit Only Required
Once your enquiry has been received we will confirm whether places are available on the dates that you have chosen. You will then receive directions for payment of a deposit to secure your place on the course. The balance owing is paid on arrival at the training centre.
Deposits can be paid using by credit card via telephone.
Bookings are required in advance.
Cairns Open Water Diving Course
4 day Cairns PADI Open Water Course with full PADI Certification - includes day dives from Cairns to the Great Barrier
Product ID: Cairns 4 Day PADI Open Water Course
4.7 out of 5 stars or 94%
based on 378 reviews