Please Note: Pick up times will vary depending on location so please check your pick up time with our office.
What to Bring
- Your travel voucher
- The balance of your course fees
- Your dive medical if required
- swimwear and a towel.
1st Day: Academic and Pool Training
- 8:00am - Complimentary hotel transfer service available from your Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation (as far as Palm Cove)
- 8:30am - Registration at the Diver training centre - 116 Spence street
- 8:45am - Academic training in the classroom 1:00pm - Lunch break (lunch not included) 2:00pm - Pool training
- 5:30pm - Complimentary hotel transfer service available
2nd Day: Academic and Pool Training
- 7:30am - Complimentary hotel transfer service available from your Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation (as far as Palm Cove)
- 8:30am - Pool training
- 12:30pm - Dive shop visit
- 1:00pm - Lunch break (lunch not included)
- 2:00pm - Academic training in the classroom and final exam
- 5:45pm - Complimentary hotel transfer service available or transfer to Reef Teach Marine Biology presentation (optional). Please note transfer not available after Reef Teach. Reef Teach: Optional 2.5hr marine biology presentation where you'll learn about the reef and the fish you'll meet. (Additional cost)
3rd Day: Diving The Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 5:45am - Complimentary hotel transfer - available from Cairns city and Northern Beaches accommodation
- 6:15am - Check in at the dive shop - corner Shields & Grafton Streets
- 7:00am - Depart Cairns for 3 days and 2 nights of fantastic diving/snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. A light breakfast is served onboard
- 11:30am - Your first open water training dive on the Great Barrier Reef
- 12:45pm - Lunch is served - hearty soup with an array of fresh salads, cold meats and bread rolls
- 2:30pm - Your second training dive
- 6:00pm - Dinner - Wholesome, hot and plentiful! Then - time to relax!
4th Day: More Great Dive Sites
- 7:00am - Third training dive before breakfast - this will be your deepest training dive
- 8:00am - Enjoy a hearty breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, bacon and eggs as well as toast and spreads
- 10:30am - Fourth and final training dive
- 12:00pm - Lunch on the second day is hot pasta with a variety of fresh salads
- 3:00pm - You are now a certified diver!!! First pleasure dive!!
- 6:00pm - Dinner - the menu changes each trip however it will be wholesome, hot and plentiful!
- 7:00pm - A guided night dive after dinner - an experience not to be missed!
5th Day: Final Dives and Return To Cairns
- 6:30am - Commence first dive of the day
- 7:30am - A hot breakfast with fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast
- 9:00am - After breakfast, we dive at last site of the trip, where you will do your second dive of the day
- 11:00am - Your last dive! When you surface freshly made sandwiches are served as we head back to Cairns
- 4:00pm - Complimentary accommodation transfers - Cairns city and Northern Beaches
- 7:30pm - You are invited to join the crew and other guests at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner